5 Top Tips for keeping your house cooler
1. Keep your curtains closed when the sun is shining, especially if the room is south facing.
2. Create a through draft by opening doors and windows. Use the window safety lock overnight.
3. Place a bowl of cold/icy water in front of a room fan. The air will be humidified, and cooler air will circulate.
4. Use car sunscreens to deflect the heat from particularly sunny windows.
5. Have a cup of tea! It isn’t an old wives’ tale, there is now scientific proof that it does help by increasing our body’s sweat response which in turn lowers our core temperature. Or if you would prefer, wet a face cloth, wring it out then freeze it before using it when you go outside or even when trying to get to sleep.
For further advice go to: