- Cardiac electrophysiology which is the management of arrhythmias
- BSc (Hons)
- MBChB (Hons)
- MRCP (UK)
- Consultant Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trusts. Outreach clinics at Hillingdon and Luton & Dunstable Hospitals. Honorary senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
Available: Wednesdays and Fridays
- Dr Hussain graduated in 1993 with honours from Birmingham University. He trained in general cardiology at various specialist cardiac units in London, before undertaking research and further training in electrophysiology in London and New York.
- He was appointed as consultant cardiac electrophysiologist at the Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust in 2006 to facilitate the expansion of ablation services particularly in atrial fibrillation. He has wide experience in general cardiology but has a subspecialty interest in electrophysiology which is the management of patients with rhythm problems.
“I was inspired to do medicine by a wonderful caring physician who looked after my father. I have always tried to live up to his example by putting my patients first and treating them as partners in the management of their medical conditions.”