Consultant Physician in Rheumatology, Acute, and General Medicine
- MB BS
- MSc (Sports and Exercise Medicine)
- MFSEM (UK)
- FRCP (UK)
- Specialist advisor to the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) on tendinopathies (includes tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy)
- He trained at Kings College London and completed his specialist training in both general medicine and rheumatology in the North Thames region. He is actively involved both in undergraduate and postgraduate training, education and clinical research.
- He is the clinical lead for Rheumatology, Biological Therapies and Research and is a Chief / Principal Investigator for a large number of clinical trials investigating new biological treatments for autoimmune rheumatic disorders including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis. He recently was awarded 2 NIHR wards, the most prestigious being the NIHR@ 10 awarded to only 5 researchers nationally.
- He is actively involved in both rheumatology and acute medicine and has recently been awarded the BSR Best Practice award for Best Emerging Practice.
- He is the clinical lead for the training of overseas medical students and is also an international examiner for the MRCP PACES exam and the final year clinical exam at the Barts and London.
- He is the Training Programme Director for core medical training at his hospital.
- Winner of the Barts Health Innovations Awards 2016 for Service Improvement
- Honorary Professor of Clinical Sciences at St Mathews University
He has extensive experience in the management of:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- SLE (lupus)
- Back pain
- Sports medicine
- General medicine
- Soft Tissue Rheumatism
- PRP Injections
- He is an Honorary Reader in Investigational Clinical Rheumatology at the William Harvey Research Institute, University of London and Honorary Professor of Medicine at St Matthews University.
NHS or Academic Posts
- His NHS practice is at Barts Health NHS Trust, Whipps Cross University Hospital, London.
Available on an ad hoc basis
- His other academic interest includes Sports Medicine
- He is a TV presenter of a Live Health Show and is actively involved in humanitarian work overseas